Job Title: Project Co-ordinator
Job Type: Full-Time
No of positions: 1
Project SANMAAN (which means dignity) aims to enable children found begging in the streets of Mumbai to enjoy their rights and be free of exploitation. This project focuses on improving systemic response to children engaged in begging by demonstrating and building capacities for rights based intervention with children. The project aims to strengthen the families/communities to ensure that children receive appropriate care and protection by families (for instance, are sent to schools and not engaged in begging) and thereby prevent institutionalisation by the juvenile justice system.
We are looking for a passionate, dynamic, self-motivated individual to play a pivotal role in the growth of a leading NGO working in the field of child rights and child protection. Female candidates preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities -
- Working closely with children found begging on streets and their families.
- Collaboration and liaison with local child protection authorities and different other stakeholders for effective rehabilitation of the rescued children.
- Collaborate and partner with other service providers for helping and linking the children found begging to education and other welfare services.
- Documenting case studies as well as formal case work reporting to assist in the process of rehabilitation and social reintegration of these children.
- Work on creating an effective module for training of duty bearers and other stakeholders to prevent trafficking and to ensure child friendly practices.
- Should be ready to spend good time on the field.
- Reports regularly to the Sr. Program Manager and Program Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Applicants should have a minimum of 1 year experience working with a field-based organisation. Experience in working in the sector of Child Rights is a plus.
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work or equivalent to that.
- Good oral and written English and Hindi communication skills. Working knowledge of Marathi is an added advantage.
- Good documentation and budgeting skills.
Candidates are required to submit an updated resume along with a writing sample by 31st January. Salary will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience.
Email the same with Subject Line Application for Project Co-ordinator to email@example.com
Volunteer with Us
You can be a part of Prerana's work and vision by choosing to volunteer with us. We hope to benefit from your skills and passion. And we hope to provide you with an unforgettable, inspiring experience. One that you will always carry within your heart.
You can apply using the form below. Please review the following documents before you apply:
- Do's and Dont's for Prerana Volunteers
- Prerana's Child Protection Policy
- FAQs about Prerana and its work